The warm water (34-36 degrees Celsius) in the hydrotherapy pool is a very tiring medium and is not suitable for everyone.
ALL PATRONS MUST HAVE A SIGNED CLEARANCE FROM EITHER A DOCTOR OR A PHYSIOTHERAPIST.
The following are conditions that may exclude you from using the pool:
- Hypertension, especially if on vasa- dilating drugs.
- Compromisial cardiac function e.g. cardiomyopathy
- Valvular disease or ischemic heart disease
- Respiratory distress on exertion
- Uncontrollable epilepsy
- Incontinence of urine or faeces
- Urinary, eye or ear infections
- Contagious diseases e.g. herpes simplex
- Open wounds
- Infectious skin conditions (including tinea)
If you have any of the above conditions please contact Pool Management for further information.
The following information is for both clients and helpers:
- Time limit – 20-30 minutes is advised for pool therapy.
- No food or drink in the pool area.
- No smoking.
- No running, pushing, diving or ducking.
- Wear an emergency wrist band and activate it in the case of an emergency only.
- If you need preventative medication, please bring it with you.
- Remember to re-hydrate after using the hydro pool.